Each and every week, St Vincent de Paul provides assistance to those in need in and around Frisco. In 2016, St Vincent de Paul provided $126,754 in assistance to over 200 families.
While we are a Catholic lay organization, we provide assistance to all those in need, regardless of ethnic or religious background.
By way of example, for the week of April 13th, 2017, here is a summary of the assistance St Vincent de Paul was able to provide:
- Provided rent assistance for a single mother who's working hours were cut. This prevented her from being evicted from her apartment.
- Provided assistance with rent for a single mother who is on unemployment.
- Provided assistance with rent for a single mother who recently lost her job and has applied for unemployment, but is not yet receiving any payments.
- Provided assistance with Electric utility for a single mother who had her money stolen.
- Provided rental assistance for a family who had suffered a financial setback after a car accident.
- Partnered with Frisco Family Services to provided assistance with Rent and Electric for a single mother who's unemployment claim was denied.
For the above cases, St Vincent de Paul provided $3,696 in assistance for 6 adults and 9 children.
Won't you join us in helping those who are in need? Our organization is 100% volunteer, and we first meet with each client face-to-face to assess how to best help their situation. In addition to prayers, we are often able to connect them with additional assistance beyond what meager assistance we can provide.